Thursday, October 3, 2013

What does guilt feel like?

It's weird but I recently came to the realization I never really feel guilt. I feel shame, fear of being discovered, embarrassment, but not guilt. I thought long and hard think of something I might feel guilty about, and it's not like I had a short list either. Yet every time I came up with some thing I would analyze it and discover it was not guilt I was feeling, but either shame or embarrassment or fear of it ever being discovered.

I never really thought about it before, but it's very interesting, I don't even know what guilt feels like. Perhaps it's for the best because I might just be over whelmed with it if I could feel whatever guilt is! I don't think I want to ever feel it.

1 comment:

  1. More liberal definitions of guilt would define it as any negative feeling towards the commission of immoral actions. I'd presume it rides on a spectrum, much like all other personality traits... Sounds awful to have in excess, however. I'm glad not to have it myself.

    ReplyDelete